At Newwave Orthodontics, the health and safety of our patients and staff is our highest priority. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, we are keeping up with the updates and taking extra precautions to help prevent the spread of the virus.
Our usual high standards of hygiene and care are being intensified to accommodate COVID-19 precautions.
Our intensified measures include:
- Strengthening our cleaning procedures, including continuous use of antibacterial wipes and sanitiser; Staff wearing the proper protective equipment such as standard level 2 surgical masks, protective eyewear and gloves;
- Reminding our staff of personal hygiene measures and our Infectious Diseases Policy.
- Standard infection control procedures;
We respectfully request all patients and staff deemed high-risk to the coronavirus disease, please do not come into the clinic, contact us if you have a pre-scheduled appointment, and follow the government’s health advice.
Please reschedule your appointment if the following applies to you:
- Have returned from overseas in the past 14 days.
- Have had recent contact with another person with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Have any flu-like symptoms, including a cough, fever, shortness of breath or sore throat.
If any of these apply to you, then you must be in isolation at home for 14 days.
If you are coming in for an appointment:
- Please do not bring others into the practice along with you. Have them wait outside or in the car during your appointment.
- Please respect the current hygiene precautions by keeping your hands thoroughly clean and sanitised.
In the event that all non-essential treatment must cease, emergency orthodontic treatment will only continue to be offered, as emergencies must be dealt with.
Our orthodontic services via Skype and Zoom Video Conferencing:
If our clinic has to close under government policies, then Newwave Orthodontics will continue to provide patients with consultation through the means of online video services. Our team will use Skype calls and Zoom conferencing to provide online consultations.
These online calls will allow us to prepare future dental appointments and recommended treatment for you.