As the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread in Australia, it is important to protect yourself from becoming a COVID-19 carrier and to protect others who are more susceptible to COVID-19.
In this blog, we will discuss our Coronavirus precautions, Coronavirus diagnosis, and how you can help prevent the infection from spreading.
At Newwave Orthodontics, we will continue to implement the highest levels of sanitary standards possible to ensure everyone’s safety.
Our Coronavirus precautions include:
- Staying up to date with the latest news and information on COVID-19
- Provide accessible hand washing and sanitisation stations
- Thorough cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces and rooms in our practice
- Properly implementing the use of face masks and gloves
Here’s how Coronavirus is transmitted:
- Someone with the virus sneezes or coughs on you
- Someone with the virus sneezes or coughs onto a surface that you touch and then transfer to your nose, eyes, or mouth.
As the major key to protecting anyone from COVID-19 is prevention of spreading the virus, we have compiled a go-to list of 6 coronavirus precautionary measures in order to stop transmitting the disease.
6 Coronavirus precautionary measures:
- Wash your hands super regularly, especially before and after eating, or before placing or removing elastics, aligners, retainers or mouthguards. Think of how many different surfaces you touch a day (including your own face or hair).
- Always implement the ‘Dab’ into your coughing or sneezing. Cough or sneeze into your elbows instead of your hands so as to not transfer your germs onto all those surfaces.
- Avoid touching your face, mouth, and nose throughout the day, as well as shaking other people’s hands.
- If you feel unwell, stay home. Also avoid others who are unwell. (Keep a minimum distance of 1.5m away from anyone coughing or sneezing)
- Look after yourself by eating well, exercising, drinking lots of water, sleeping well, prioritise stress reduction, practice good hygiene such as washing your hands frequently, and keep your home environment clean in order to not get sick or run down.
- Finally, if you need to come into the practice for urgent orthodontic treatment, please avoid bringing friends and family members into the practice with you. Come to your appointment solo or, have them wait outside the practice or in the car during your appointment.
Keep up to date with COVID-19 news in Queensland on the government website and by checking the news for alerts. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our practice at this time, feel free to contact us. Stay clean to stay safe!