Take a hold of your children’s dental problems from a young age, that way they can feel confident smiling when they start high school, university or their first job…
Having crooked teeth can make smiling extremely uncomfortable, especially for teenagers and young adults. That’s why at Newwave Orthodontics we encourage parents to bring their children in from a young age. This way we can treat your children before they have to start high school and before they start interviewing for jobs. Did you know that a person’s smile is commonly the first thing people notice when meeting someone? A smile can leave a lasting impression, which is why we encourage parents to help ensure that their children’s smiles are leaving the right impression as they begin their lives.
How soon should I bring my kids in?
At Newwave Orthodontics on the Sunshine Coast we practice ‘early-intervention’ orthodontics, which means we believe in assessing your children’s teeth from a young age so we can diagnose any orthodontic issues before they become problematic. We recommend your child receives their first orthodontic examination between the ages of 6-10 years of age.
Your kids will love our team at Newwave Orthodontics
Our highly skilled and professional team here at Newwave Orthodontics will help ensure your child’s treatment is fun and educational each time they visit. Our orthodontist, Dr Peter Miles is passionate about his profession and goes out of his way to ensure our young patients are comfortable and cared for. As a family man himself with four children of his own, he is comfortable around kids and will ensure that your little ones receive the care they require. Dr Miles is a member of the Australian Society of Orthodontics, the American Association of Orthodontics and is certified by the Australian Orthodontic board. He also teaches future orthodontists at the University of Queensland, and Seton Hill University in the USA and is involved in a great deal of orthodontic research.
Endless treatment options for your kids…
At Newwave Orthodontics we are passionate about progressive treatments and innovative technology, which is why we are constantly upgrading our technology and treatments. Whether you are bringing in your children at the age of 6 or 16 we can offer treatments to suit their lifestyle and to most effectively realign their teeth.
- Invisalign– Uses clear aligners in place of conventional braces that are removable for special occasions such as formals and school photos. Often used for children who are self-conscious about wearing braces.
- Invisalign TEEN– Used like our traditional Invisalign system, but with compliance indicators, so parents can stay on top of their child’s progress and ensure they are wearing it as often as they should.
- Lingual Braces- Uses conventional methods except that they are adhered to the back of your teeth instead of the front! This means they are practically invisible which allows patients to undergo treatment without worrying about how you look.
- Clear Braces– Uses brackets and wires that are transparent, our clear braces are less visible than metal braces.
- Metal Braces– We always use clear braces for the six front teeth, to help your child feel more comfortable whilst undergoing treatment, however metal braces are better for your back and lower teeth as you bite down on them more and they work more efficiently on the small lower incisors.
Straight teeth offer a bright future for your children
Entering adulthood is an awkward time for everyone, and having a smile that you’re uncomfortable with can make it that much more difficult. School photos and drivers licence pictures should be exciting but with crooked teeth can be embarrassing. By seeking orthodontic care before your children’s important photo taking opportunities, they can spend those moments smiling with confidence instead of worrying about their teeth!